Thursday, March 15, 2007

Reflections

As I sit here & hold my daughter & think about my brother who is due to land in Iraq anytime now, I cant help but to think of how blessed I am. Let me explain !! There was a time I was not sure if I could have children of my own & then god blessed me with one of my own, two if you count my stepson whom I love just as much. We have a special bond as well. Although it can be very stressful at times, its so worth all the sacrifice. To see their little faces light up when you walk into the room or the joy on the other parents face as they sit and play with one another.
But you see I have more of a selfish motive with my children. There is this vision I have of making the world a better place & if I can do that by raising my children to respect & love people, then I feel as if I've done a good job. You'll often hear me say that I'm just one of god's little helpers trying to do the best I can while I'm here.
And thanks to brave people like my brother, who are willing to go into a country that hates americans so that we can enjoy healthy freedoms. Many thanks goes out to men & woman of all armed forces doing what they do so that I can enjoy my family.
And that my friend is why I feel blessed !!

Todays healthy recipe: "Chicken Yogurt roll ups"

1/2 cucumber
1/2 pepper (color or mixture desired)
3 tablespoons lite vanilla yogurt
2 boneless/skinless chicken breast cubed
shredded cheddar (optional)
fajita sz tortilla wraps

Mix cucmuber & pepper in bowl. Put chicken in wrap & spread mixture over, add cheddar if desired. Roll & ENJOY !!

I promise these are delicious..

No comments: