Friday, March 30, 2007

"No pain No gain"

As I was working out it hit me that if we want, and I mean truly want to look a certain way, we will do whatever & I mean whatever it takes to accomplish that. Hopefully the whatever is in a healthy way. But then that sent me down another road, life...
If we want a better lifestyle or a job that allows us the healthy freedoms life has to offer then we must be willing to go thru the pain just as in working out to accomplish that. Nothing is ever handed to us or easy to accomplish & if I learned nothing else from my father growing up, it was that if we want something we must work hard for it. "No pain No gain". Funny how life & working out have so many similarities, isn't it?! For one it takes time & dedication, you must dedicate time to accomplishing your goals without whining about it. If it becomes whining then it becomes work & if it becomes work then it's not fun & we will surely give up on our dreams/goals.
My sister & I were just having some flashbacks of old days past. She is going thru this phase of looking up people from the past and it's funny where all of us are in life. As we were talking and comparing ourselves, situations and lifestyles it hit me that we should never compare anything other than where we personally are in life versus where we were in the past. Hopefully we are all in a better spot with the intention of always moving to be the best we can be by accomplishing the life God has in store for us. Bottom line is that there is always someone better then the next at something in life & that is what makes us all necessary for the world to be a better place.
As I close please remember to keep our men & woman of all branches of service in your prayers for their safe return. As they are doing all they can do so we may enjoy all of our healthy freedoms.
Good night & God bless !!

No comments: