Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blessed in America

As I sat today feeding my daughter I thought to myself; "I wonder what my brother is doing?" Eating a hot meal, taking a hot shower or sleeping in a soft bed? Oh dah... Thats all of us here in America. While he eats meals out of a bag, sleeps sitting up & whenever he can, dodges bullets and showers via a baby wipe. All this so that we can enjoy our familys. I pray to god that he allows my brother to come home to our family safely.
We all are guilty of taking for granted all of our healthy freedoms we have here in America. I think some of us are so focused from time to time on the negatives going on in our lives that we dont stop to see our blessings. When it comes down to it, how important is it how much money we have or how big of house we own. Bottom line is that a person that has nothing can be much richer then the person that has a big bank account.
God gives us free will to enjoy all the healthy freedoms that are offered to us. It is then up to each individual to use them or abuse them. And me personally knowing that people like my brother are willing to put their life on the line for mine to be able to enjoy my family makes the decision for me that much easier!!!
I urge all of you to pray for the safe return of all the men & woman that are putting their life on the line for us. And when life seems to be getting you down, just look at what you do have & not what you dont have yet.
Good night & God bless !!

No comments: