Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Leaning Tree


I love how parallel a persons life is to the tree that comes in different sizes, weathered by age and full of notches taken out of its bark because of situations. If you notice it is not afraid to lean on something to help hold itself up just to survive. So then why are we?! Why is it so hard for some of us to reach out and lean on others to help hold them up? Why is it so hard to trust that what we lean on will not let us fall? Why is it so hard to imagine for a moment that the notches we have are life lessons that we may share with another? For me its because I have been burned on different degrees so badly and so often that I'm afraid to lean on others. Seems that when I allow my guard to come down it happens again. Causing me to doubt some of my judgement and question why I continuously put myself out there. Not realizing that what I may be leaning on is not strong enough to hold me up at that moment in time. I realize that I need to push through the fear to get to the other side and I try to take baby steps one day at a time to accomplish that. I have been able to find a couple of people to lean on and am slowly allowing myself to trust they wont let me fall. That my friends is why I continue to push.
I really do believe that there is no such thing as coincidence and that all things happen for a reason. Good or bad. So that we may be able to share our "notches" with others and show them by example how we over came particular life lessons and to be someones leaning post, giving them strength to grow stronger and bigger each day. Just as the tree that leans. While we may all come in different sizes and weathered differently due to our experiences we all have something to learn or share with another. See folks no matter how weathered you are or are not we are forever learning how to do this thing called living life on life's terms. And yes just as the nasty sometimes slippery moss that grows on the leaning tree we will run in to those people that will be just as nasty and slippery. The key is to NEVER GIVE UP, rather continue pushing up or leaning on! I am a work in progress and continue to learn and grow by being open to sharing and receiving. Life is to short to keep our experience, strength and hope to ourselves. I dare you to join me in being someones leaning post, helping them to grow bigger and stronger so they may be able to stand on their own. Step outside of your comfort zone. I promise the lesson you will receive is much bigger then the one you share. I know, I've been there!!
As always please keep all men and woman of the military in your prayers for a safe return home as they are out there protecting our HEALTHY FREEDOMS here at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one! You can lean on me - - I am a giant oak tree!!!! Have some notches where I have been attacked with chain-saws but still standing!!