Saturday, January 3, 2009

"The Come Back"

Well the new year has come whether we wanted it to or not. I personally am glad that 2008 is behind me. My belly is full of excitement with all that is about to come for me & my beautiful daughter in 2009. I just have to stay focused and not allow disappointment in or about people or situations to discourage me. I'm sure that for many of us that is easier said then done!
Life is full of things that are set in our way to try and hold us down. Disappointments and setbacks. It's so easy to get discouraged, lose your enthusiasm or even be tempted to just settle for where you are in life when this happens. It is especially hard in this day and age when people are losing their jobs, houses and even their relationships. We just can not allow ourselves to get sucked in to settling for any less then we deserve. I have an opinion about what some people deserve! However this is to be an upbeat post & lets face it I'm not God. :)
Know that every time adversity comes against us, its a setup for a comeback!!
Think back to a time when something hurt or scared you so badly that you did not feel you had it in you to keep going. But you found something drudged up in your inner being that said "you can and you will go through this and you will be better for it". I've personally gone through more than I care to but lets hope that is behind me. I'm tired of settling because I think I see potential in someone or a situation just to be the one holding onto a resentment. I want to and can be a better person. Today is another day to learn how to be more serene how to nurture our body and our spirit. After all folks we have the tools in our tool belt we just have to make a choice to take them out and use them for rebuilding.
Bottom line is that if it does not set well with your gut instinct then don't proceed. And that goes for anything in life! This should be a time to reflect back on the year and see our growth, an old habit we were able to break or maybe we are in the process of overcoming something that has happened to us. No matter what it is look and find something about last year that you can use for a positive direction in to the new year. Remember that as long as we are alive we will ALWAYS wrestle with questions, seek answers and try to solve problems. We CAN do this with grace and we MUST do this with gentleness towards ourselves and others around us.
Hold on to your higher power no matter what that may be. My higher power happens to be God. I understand that some people may call their higher power something else so please don't let my view offend you.
If you stay in faith, your higher power will turn what was meant to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone and you will move forward as a better person. And the reward will be so much better then you could ever expect. I know from my own personal experience that when I completely not partially but completely get out of Gods way to do his plan in my life I'm so much happier & more fulfilled then I could of ever imagined. So then why should I be so afraid of what is to come?!
Time is a circle just as the months in our calendar. As it is said in a Chinese Proverb: "Be not afraid of changing slowly; be afraid only of standing still". Let this year be your year for a Healthy Freedom COMEBACK. Don't beat yourself up for making baby steps, only be mad for making no steps.
As I close please remember to keep our men and woman of the service, in your prayers for a safe return to their loved ones soon.
Good night & God bless!

No comments: