Monday, April 8, 2013

Do it anyway...



"Change happens when the fear of where your going, is less then the pain of where your at."  author unknown

To step outside of ones box takes a great amount of courage. To allow yourself to think and feel takes courage. Sometimes allowing yourself to trust that someone really does and can care deeply for you also takes courage. For some, to just wake up and get out of bed everyday takes courage. To trust in your own abilities is another way we practice courage. See folks there are a ton of different things in life that we don't always view as taking or practicing the act of courage. For some of us we have stuffed the fear of allowing these simple things in our lives that we have built a wall around our hearts and minds. Holding us back from all the good that God has in store for our lives. We may not know God's purpose, but we may understand better if we learn to love ourselves the way we are and trust that God has given us unimaginable amounts of courage and strength to overcome all the fear we hold.   I heard on a show tonight that we must allow ourselves to validate our life experiences to unblock all the good that lies ahead for us. Feel,deal and heal is what the speaker said. I found this very profound  and eye opening. You know they say you can hear things a hundred times and sometimes its not until 101 that you actually hear it. And for me tonight I heard it. I have to feel what it is that blocks my courage keeping me stuck on stupid and full of excuses. I have to then find a way to deal with the very thing blocking me and figure out what I can do to change it before I can heal from it. I know better than anyone what keeps me blocked and fear is ALWAYS the reason behind it. I have to remember that my present and future are not my past. My past only defines me if I allow it to!! I try to be strong for those around me and I try to be the best I can. But am I really allowing myself to be the best if I'm allowing fear to run my life and choices that I make? Am I really showing my daughter what true strength and courage is by allowing myself to stuff and hide behind a wall? I don't think so.
Today we can be brave and face what each day brings with courage and the knowledge that we are doing the right thing for ourselves. Today I believe that the best is yet to come as long as I refuse to allow myself to feel defeated by life experience, tragedy and tribulations. With confidence and willingness, we hold ourselves responsible for our lives. We alone are responsible for the choices we do or do not make in life. Yes life happens and sometimes it takes us a minute to get where we want to be. It has been said that a person only fails when they stop trying. Well folks I REFUSE to give up and be defeated. As I close I would like you to listen to a song by Martina McBride and really try to hear what she is saying. "Do it anyway"
As always please keep all the men and woman of all branches of the military in your prayers for a safe return home soon, as they are out there protecting our HEALTHY FREEDOMS here at home. God Bless.

No comments: