Sunday, December 9, 2012

Desires of the Heart

The old saying "go after what you want in life" does not come with the warnings of the aftermath. And can sometimes be bittersweet when we get what we want or thought we wanted. We must be very careful when chasing the desires of the heart whether it be materialistic, physical or emotional things. Sometimes the desires of the heart once received are bittersweet and often times can cause emotional pain for not only yourself but others as well. The very things we think we desire or long for in our lives may not always be as sweet as we had conjured up in our minds leaving us bitter or resentful.

I for one have to take a step back and evaluate why and what it is I'm chasing after. The materialistic things are not as important to me as the physical and emotional. As I have had it all and lost it. I have to ask "how important is it?", "is it attainable?", "is it available?" and  "is it realistic?".  Once I can honestly answer those questions I will then find my answer as to whether I should continue on that path or find another to travel down.  See folks life is a journey and we ultimately are responsible for how bumpy or smooth our journey can be. Meaning if we know that something is unhealthy for us and we choose to do it anyhow hence the type of ride that path is going to give us. If we can teach ourselves how to go with the flow and not be held back by the fear of the unknown or making the wrong decision then that ride will be much smoother with less complications. Trust me I am struggling with this right now in my own life. There are things that my heart desires that I know are just NOT possible because of life situations. There are things before me that I am letting fear control my decisions, causing me to be paralyzed for a moment holding me back. One of my favorite sayings is "Change happens when the fear of where your going, is less then the pain of where your at". My problem is that right now I'm not in pain, just in fear! Fear of getting hurt again, fear of trusting again, fear of getting what I think I want and it not being what I thought it would be. I know this to shall pass if I just get out of my own way.

I try to live my life with no regrets along with pure and sometimes brutal honesty. I to often make mistakes, but its only a mistake when we don't learn from our actions. For every action has a consequence good or bad.  When I talk to others I tell them don't make a decision unless your head, heart and gut line up. If one of those is out of alignment then you must stop and re-evaluate the desire until they line up. I for one have to ask myself, is this a want or a need?  Is this for selfish reasons? And are there any red flags telling me not to move forward with my choice. You MUST get a strong, honest,caring and very loving support system of good people to assist with your journey. I am VERY VERY VERY blessed to have that and forever grateful for the people that god has put in my life to help me make better more wiser decisions. People that care enough to help me see what I can't at that moment in time. People that love me enough to tell me "stop being so hard on yourself Jen" and love me the whole way through it.

I also believe that no matter how old or young you are we can ALWAYS be taught something in life. Life is full of teachable moments if we allow ourselves to open our minds to being receptive to the life lessons that are forever at our reach. As I say this to all of you I am telling myself this as well. Don't be afraid of what life has to offer, for life is to short to live with regrets or could of's should of's. Live every day as if its going to be your last.

As always please keep all the men and woman of our military in your prayers for a safe return home one day. As they are off protecting our HEALTHY FREEDOMS we have here at home. Please also help me in covering all that are sick or having trying times in life right now in prayer as well. So they may know a peace and calm while being supported with strength from a stranger as well as a loved one. God Bless










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

truly another inspirational blog from the heart!!
Thanks tc

Anonymous said...

Jen...I love reading your blogs! So inspirational!
G