Saturday, February 13, 2010

Aim High

"If you aim at nothing you will hit it every single time"
Zig Ziglar

Have you ever said "I will do that when..." & then "when" comes & you think of another "when"? I will go to college when my children get in high school, I will write that book when I get alittle free time, I will do that scrapbook when my children go to bed. I'm here to tell you first hand that "when" is another word for "excuse". It may be out of fear of the unknown or for some of us the fear of succeeding. I know for me it has alot to do with the fear of succeeding.

For many of us we have not been taught to chase after a dream or how to finish something we start. And much of that is due to our parents not being taught that themselves. Think about it; how can you teach something that you know nothing about? I blog to help inspire people, myself included. The post are about simple everyday common sense kind of things. It is a point of view, an opinion, a different way of looking at things and for me a sense of release.

Often times we hear you get what you desire if you do the leg work to achieve your desire. That you get what you put out to the universe & what you think usually will become you. It is so true you are what your around or think. For me before I moved out of state to a more positive environment with many more opportunities & much support I felt like I was dying. I would catch myself asking "is this all my life is about?" when inside I knew the answer was "NO". I had much to offer and still feel like there is much I need and want to accomplish. And believe that as long as I am chipping away at it little pieces at a time then I will achieve my goals. Not to mention teach my daughter what I was never taught. Go after what it is you desire, never give up on a dream & aim high!!

A famous preacher says you must believe that you deserve more & god will come through for you because he wants all his children to have a good life (Joel Olsteen). There are many times I have to remind myself of this, because again I was not taught this way of thinking. As a result of this, in my life I have had some very unhealthy relationships. Still to this very day I have to remind myself almost daily that I am a good person, I do deserve good things & to be happy. I am what you would call a work in progress. But have learned over the years to enjoy this healthy freedom called free will & remember to always aim at something rather than nothing!

It is when we don't learn from our mistakes that we continue to make them.

As I close please remember the men & woman of all branches of the military in your prayers as they defend us so that we may enjoy our freedoms.

Good night & God bless.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Really enjoyed your writing. You help to make people think. Keep up the good work.

Amy said...

Great post, Jen. I agree about the "when" issue--if I don't specify a certain time and place for things, they never happen! Your posts are always very thought provoking.